Monday, April 22, 2013

Socks

I took up knitting again last summer to complete some  knitting projects. What prompted me to start  was a baby sweater that I found in the back of my closet half done. The baby that it was originally being made for graduated  from university last June! I found that I was enjoying knitting  as I watched television in the evenings.  I knitted several sweaters for my 3 granddaughters and scarfs for myself, my daughter and son. What next! SOCKS!
Socks are easy to knit, there are wonderful yarns to chose from and make great presents. The dark striped sock was an anniversary present for my husband.  In both socks above I used self striping yarn. What is magical about this yarn is that each of the pairs knitted were identical.

 I'm now trying to knit a pair of socks from a pattern that I found and purchased online, it is made up of seed stitches and captivated me with is beautiful design .
 
 
Unfortunately the pattern has a number of errors in it and I'm having to improvise. So frustrating!  I had hoped to be able to purchase the same yarn as in the photo but no luck. Its from a small boutique yarn company that only produces limited quantities. Instead I'm using a hand dyed yarn made of merino, cashmere and silk combination which feels heavenly and is wonderful to work with.
 I'll post updates on this project as I continue to work through the pattern.


1 comment:

  1. I draw the line at knitting socks - perhaps because I knitted so very many when I was a little girl. Love the looks of them though, especially the one for your husband.

    ReplyDelete