Monday, January 6, 2014

Another project

When my children were young I learned how to smock and made my daughter and son some lovely smocked clothing. At the same time I took classes in heirloom sewing by machine and learned the art of attaching lace to garments.
Now many years later I've decided to make a smocked dress for my youngest granddaughter who loves pretty "girly" cloths.
I had in my stash of fabric some pale pink Nelona Swiss cotton batiste which will be easy to smock. It's been so long since I have done anything like this that I had to find a book with instructions. Well, I'm on my way now and will post photos as I progress, my goal is to have the dress finished by May for her 3rd birthday.
Fabric pleated and ready for smocking.
Dress pattern
Smocking pattern
Embroidery Floss and lace


No comments:

Post a Comment