Saturday, February 9, 2013

Finishing Up

After a great day walking around La Brea Tar Pits, visiting the Folk Art Museum and lunch at The Grove Farmers Market, some of my very favorite place in LA we headed home mid afternoon. Tired but happy to work on finishing my journal I spend some time watching the videos Mary Ann Moss provided for us in her class Ticket to Venice on how to make the Diamond Cross Bookbinding stitch.
Once I watched the videos and Mary Ann's excellent instructions I went full steam ahead and completed binding  the journal.


I  really like to look of this type of binding and I am planing on making another journal  once I get home using it.   I'll add more signatures to the journal now that I am comfortable with the stitching.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't thought about the binding yet but love the look of this one. I guess I will have to study it and compare it to the other ways of binding Mary A. showed us.

    ReplyDelete