Thursday, April 22, 2010

I did it!

















After twenty something years I have purchased a new sewing machine. I've been happily sewing on a Bernina 1230 which has been working perfectly fine for years. But for the past year I have been looking at a Bernina 430 with a Free Motion stitch regulator and trying to find a good reason why I should purchase it. I finally took the plunge last Friday and convinced myself that I really should have one even if I did not have a good reason. It's all set up now and ready to go. But it's going to take a bit of getting use to and some learning on how to use all of those bells and whistles that it comes with. You can be sure I'm not going to retire my old machine quite yet. The shop where I purchased the machine offers some introductory classes which I have signed up for and that will be a help. More to follow over the next weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to be doing some serious creating with your new machine, Diane!
    ♥...Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ever seem to have 2nd hand machines.
    This looks daunting but I am sure you will love it once you know how it works,

    ReplyDelete