Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zentangels


I first learned about Zentangels this past summer. If you have not come across this art form before and are wondering what it is, the definition is "a method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns".
Here are three that I have created over the last few weeks. I usually draw the designs while watching the telly in the evening, finding it very relaxing.
I like to use Pigma & Sharpie pens for the patterns and then soft pencils
for depth and shading. There are no rules for drawing Zentanges, there are no ups or downs in the patterns and are totally free form and spontaneous.
If you would like to learn more about Zentangels the web site is www.zentangles.com .


2 comments:

  1. Something like doodling in it's finest form! Very nice, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, My name is Dee and my friend Wanda directed me to your blog. I am very glad she did. I find we have similar interest's. I will be back to visit soon and am now a follower. Please feel free to visit my blog anytime. Dee:)

    ReplyDelete