Sunday, January 9, 2011

Evocative

After some hesitation I signed up for a class at Deviant Scraps , Art Journal Project 52 with my two friends Cynthia and Lorraine . We met when while taking Remains of the Day class with Mary Ann Moss last winter. Project 52 will be a video a week to make one journal page. I decided to take the class in the hopes that it will start me art journaling on a regular bases. The reason for my hesitation is that I have committed myself to quite a bit over the next few months.
My page for the first week is based on a quote that my son introduced me to from Hegel, a German Philosopher. I find the quote very evocative, The Owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling. Doesn't that stir the imagination?
I'm pleased with how the page turned out except for the placement of the words. It was a good learning experience and I'm looking forward to this weeks video.

1 comment:

  1. ok sucked in as usual all your fault!! ;-)
    Is your book handmade?

    ReplyDelete