Friday, January 18, 2013

Blown Away!

One of the gallery's where I post my pages  is Oscraps. Each week there is a challenge by Anna Aspnes to copy a pages that is thought be be special. This week I was blown away, my page was chosen.
 Funny how things work out, I was not happy with the way this layout was working and in playing around with saturation using Photoshop I accidently came up this monochromatic palette.

The photo used here was taken in Dec. 2011 on a visit to St. Augustine with my friends Cynthia & Lorraine.We were touring the Dow Museum of Historic Houses. The site is over 400 years old was a treasure trove of interesting architectural elements I must have taken over 100 photos while there. The site has a  magical frozen in time feeling to it and if you are ever down that way it a good place to visit.

2 comments:

  1. oh what a joy to see this. I read your commentary and when we go down there again (if ever), I will most certainly go and see this old spot. It looks lovely and I really like your photo treatment. I like the fading grungy messy look, so perfect for the setting of the cherub. Lovely work, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this page turned out! Such a pretty reminder of our visit to that wonderful museum.

    ReplyDelete