Sunday, January 1, 2012

Courage

Starting this post with best wishes to all for a Happy and Healthy 2012.

I spent the first day of this year finishing or at least trying to finish up old projects and mending that had been sitting in my studio for awhile.
Feeling quite virtuous and gave myself permission to play and make a layout for a monthly challenge at Deviant Scrap  on courage. I had been thinking about this word and a image kept coming to my mind of a Norman Rockwell painting of a little girl's first day of school.
Courage comes in many sizes. When I think of personal courage I remember this painting by Norman Rockwell of little Ruby Bridges starting her first day of school and breaking the segregation barrier in New Orleans 1960.

Comments are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment