Sunday, November 4, 2012

Toot toot

I've been featured again this week on the Art Journal Caravan Blog week #43 highlights. The page that they picked to feature was one of my new series of watercolour sketches, I Remember

The photo I used was taken from a moving car while driving at sunset along the Malibu coast during my last trip to LA. I will also add that as usual traffic was heavy and we were not moving very quickly.

I have been really enjoying using this technique and I think it will end up as a photobook called "I Remember". I've been using favorite photos from my various travels over the years.

I did deviate from the travel theme to create this one, Saying Goodbye. The photo was taken by my young cousin Julia in my Aunt's apartment after her funeral. To me, seeing the empty chair really brought home that my dear Aunt was gone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Diane, "Saying Goodbye" is such a wonderful page. It brings tears to my eyes...so beautifully meaningful...'sigh'.

    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete